We are very proud of our high standards and our policy regarding uniform reflects this. Within the local community our maroon blazer and high standards of dress are instantly recognisable and clearly identify our students amongst their peers.
You can order our uniform from Ross's Schoolwear, located in central Middlesbrough.
They can be found at: Ross's, 45 Borough Road, Middlesbrough, TS1 4AF.
The store is currently operating with a socially distanced rule of allowing a single family into the store at a time.
You are welcome to visit them in person to purchase uniform, or order online using the link below:
Main Academy Uniform:
- Maroon blazer
- Academy clip-on tie
- Plain white shirt with collar and sleeves (tucked in and top button fastened)
- Full length plain black/dark grey trousers (with zip at the front) or skirts. No leggings, jeggings, jean-type material, no pinstripes/checks.
- Skirts are to be plain, no pleats or buckles and worn just above the knee.
- Black/dark grey socks or tights (no patterns).
- Plain black shoes with no badges or large designer labels / symbols. The following shoes are examples of what is unacceptable: trainers, boots worn with a skirt or worn over trousers, leisure or canvas shoes. Designer label clothing / shoes often fail to meet our uniform standards so, if you are in doubt please check with the student development team before purchase.
- Plain black/dark grey v-neck jumper or cardigan (worn under the blazer, no zips, with tie knot clearly visible)
- Hijab (either plain black or plain white only).
Academy PE Kit Policy Motif8 Online
Hair, Makeup & Jewellery:
- No tramlines, patterns or symbols
- Dyed hair should be of a natural colour
- Hair must not cover the eyes
- Long hair must be tied back in practical subjects (students must provide their own bobble)
- The only jewellery permitted is a watch and one pair of plain stud earrings (one in each ear lobe)
- If a student has the top of their ear or nose pierced they are not allowed to wear jewellery in it. They will also not be allowed to wear a plaster to cover it.
- False eyelashes are not permitted under any circumstances
- Acrylic and/or coloured nails are not permitted.