The following national and academy based policies and guidance apply when students perform examinations or work on assessed material.
General Exam informationWarning To Candidates
Non Exam Assessment Guidance
On Screen Tests Guidance
Written Exams Guidance
Social Media Guidance
Tips for Parents
To help parents/carers support students through their exams, we have produced a Year 11 Parents' Guide that
has lots of information to help you.
Year 11 Parents' Guide
Tips for Students
Be prepared - pack your bag with the correct equipment the night before. Start the day with a good breakfast, and give yourself plenty
of time to get to the exam hall.
Take a few minutes to read the instructions and questions. Then you'll know exactly what's expected of you. Ask an exam supervisor if anything is unclear - they're there to help you.
Plan how much time you'll need for each question. Do not panic if you get stuck on a question, but try to leave yourself enough time at the end to come back to it.
Once the exam is finished, forget about it. Do not spend too much time going over it in your head or comparing answers with your friends. Just focus on the next exam instead.
Eat well, sleep well and get plenty of exercise throughout the examination window. Stay hydrated but avoid using sugary drinks that often lead to an energy-crash later in the day.
Equipment for Examinations
- Clear pencil case or plastic wallet to hold your equipment
- Two pens (black only)
- Two pencils and an eraser
- Calculator (maths paper 2/3)
Examination Room Rules
- Mobile phones turned off and placed in bags. Bags will be left at the back of the room
- No watches of any kind allowed
- Clear water bottles only
- Clear pencil case (or plastic wallet) to hold your equipment
- Absolute silence from the first step inside the room until the first step outside
- If you have any issue put your hand up and wait for an invigilator