This consent form is for participation in tests designed to detect asymptomatic coronavirus cases. Anyone experiencing
symptoms should follow government guidelines to self-isolate,
even if they have had a recent negative lateral flow test.
Consent relates to the following groups of students/pupils and staff as follows:
Terms of Consent
- For pupils and students younger than 16 years - this form must be completed by the parent or legal guardian.
Please complete one consent form for each child you wish to participate in testing.
- Pupils and students over 16 who are able to provide informed consent - can complete this form themselves, having
discussed participation with their parent / guardian if under 18.
- For any pupil or student who does not have the capacity to provide informed consent - this form must be completed by
the parent or legal guardian. Please complete one consent form for each child you wish to participate in testing.
- I have had the opportunity to consider the information provided by the school/college about the testing, ask questions
and have had these answered satisfactorily, based on the information presented in the letter dated [12/01/2021] and the
attached Privacy Notice.
- In the case of under 16s, I have discussed the testing with my child and my child is happy to participate. If on the day of
testing they do not wish to take part, then they will not be made to do so and consent can be withdrawn at any time ahead
of the test.
- I consent to having / my child having a nose and throat swab for lateral flow tests. I / my child will self-swab if I / my child
is able to otherwise I understand that assistance is available. In the case of under 16s or pupils who are not able to provide
informed consent, I have discussed the testing with my child and they are happy to participate and self-swab (with assistance
- I understand that there may be multiple tests required and this consent covers all tests for the below named person. If, on
the day of testing I / they do not wish to take part, then I understand I / they will not be made to do so and that consent
can be withdrawn at any time ahead of the test.
- I consent that my / my child’s sample(s) will be tested for the presence of COVID-19.
- I understand that if my /my child’s result(s) are negative on the lateral flow test I will not be contacted by the school/college
except where I am / they are a close contact of a confirmed positive.
- If the lateral flow test indicates the presence of COVID-19, I consent to having / my child having a nose and throat swab
for confirmatory PCR testing. I/they will follow the instructions on the PCR Kit to return the test the same day to an NHS
Test & Trace laboratory.
- If the lateral flow test indicates the presence of COVID-19, I commit to ensuring that I / my child is removed from school
premises as promptly as possible, bearing in mind I / they may have some anxiety following a positive test result.
- I consent that I / they will need to self-isolate following a positive lateral flow test result, until the results of the
confirmatory PCR have been received.
- I agree that if my / my child’s test results are confirmed to be positive from this PCR test, I will report this to the
school / college and I understand that I/ my child will be required to self-isolate following public health advice.
- I consent that if a close contact of my child tests positive but I / my child has tested negative, I / they will continue
to attend school / college but will be tested every day at school / college for 7 days.