September 2017 may seem a long way off but it’s only around the corner! If you are still undecided about where you are going to study after your GCSE’s then our top 5 reasons to choose Macmillan Post 16 may just help.
1. A fantastic place to learn – With our own café, learning resource centre and social spaces for Year 12 and 13 and state of the art Media Suite and Fitness suite , you can be sure that you’ll have all the resources you need to help you succeed.
2. We’ll get you to where you want to be – Every student who left in 2016 had a firm destination, whether it be university, employment or an apprenticeship. With 85% going onto University, students are going far and wide, from the local universities of Teesside, Newcastle and Durham to those further afield such as Northampton, Coventry and Queen Mary’s
3. Getting Involved – We understand that sixth form isn’t all about studying so we offer a really wide range of extra curricular activities for our students to get involved in. You might want to stand for Head Boy or Head Girl, continue with your sporting, musical or dramatic interests, or get involved in volunteering. Sixth form students will also have the opportunity of a cultural visit to New York!
4. We have high expectations – We believe that education should be active, engaging and rigorous. Our last exam results are proof of this, as all Year 13 courses had a 100% pass rate. 56% of A level entries were graded at A*-B and a fantastic 77% of vocational entries were awarded the highest levels of Distinction* or Distinction. These results are a reflection of the hard work of students and dedication of Post 16 teaching and support staff at the academy.
5. Financial Support – We are able to provide assistance to those students most in need of financial help through our Bursary Fund. For eligible students, this can mean support with food, transport, books and more. The application process is simple, quick and confidential. If we can help you, we will.
For all of you who have already applied, we look forward to welcoming you to the Academy for Bridging Week 17-21st July.
Haven’t applied yet? Then you can apply online here – http://www.macmillan-academy.org.uk/post16/how_to_apply.php