Why Work Here?
- A calm, safe and supportive learning environment with excellent, purpose built facilities.
- Well behaved and respectful students who have positive relationships with staff.
- Highly committed staff, students and parents who work in partnership.
- First class training and development opportunities for all staff within the academy, including middle and senior leaders.
- Extensive specialised training and support programme for NQTs –NQTplus5.
- Opportunities to teach across the full 11-18 age and ability range.
- Well-resourced classrooms and clearly planned schemes of work.
- Convenient location, just off the A19 and within commutable distance from Newcastle, York and Richmond areas.
- Regular staff fitness classes and access to on-site gym.
- Good opportunities for career development and professional development.
- Opportunities to share your passions and interests outside of your subject area through our extensive enrichment programme.
A career at Macmillan Academy provides a great foundation for further career development, both internally and externally. Talent is nurtured and there is good progression up the career ladder for those who seek it.