- All students have access to careers information, advice and guidance from year 7-leaving, including specific career sessions on LMI, CV writing, job interviews, applying for apprenticeships/HE.
- Offering information on choices at keys points of transition – year 9 options; post 16 options; post 18 options.
- Sign posting students towards comprehensive, fully inclusive, up to date careers information
- Explaining choices available through one to one guidance interviews, including parent /guardian invitation and written Career Progression Plan.
- Careers education and information delivered through the curriculum.
- Careers exploration offered in Y9, Yr10 and Post 16.
- Access to impartial advice and guidance by qualified staff who regularly attend meetings and network with employers/ training providers/ HE institutes to offer unrivalled information on career opportunities and educational progression.
- Guidance linked to academic tutoring, open evenings and STCE.
- Effective recording and referral systems
- Support on how to use the materials available.
The Careers Library
The Careers Team works closely with Heads of Year, SEN Department and teaching staff to ensure all students are aware of the facility and have inclusive access to it.
It has successful partnerships with local industry to offer students experience the world of work.
These links are developed further through assemblies, work experience, CaVE, Next Steps Day, Health Day, mock interviews, guest speakers and meaningful visits. During 2017-18 the Careers Team provided 75 encounters with employers, giving students the opportunity to learn about work and the skills required in the workplace*.
* - Gatsby recommended Benchmark
Careers resources are also available through on the academy network curriculum software, enabling student access to information either at school..
we hold the following:
- National Citizenship Service "Champions Schools Status"
- RAF Platinum Plaque Partner.
- Awarded "Certificate of Engagement" by Education Skills Funding Agency.
- Member of the Careers Development Institute
The Careers Team work closely with the Education Development Trust, STEM Regional Technology Centre, Tees Valley Combined Authority, Tees Valley Learner Provider Network, Middlesbrough Local Authority and Middlesbrough Achievement Partnership to ensure they have up to date information to share with students, parents and staff.
|Mrs E Turner
|Ms. C Cook
Instant support can be offered on the National Careers Service number –
Tel: 0800 100 900
Information Advice and Guidance is also offered at:
Tel 01642 256310